Certified Tire Technician
CA Winnipeg Branch
Will you be our next TIP colleague?
Are you looking for a challenging workplace where you can work with professional and energetic colleagues? Who are passionate about what they do, and who are committed to deliver excellence every day? All in a work environment where safety and wellbeing in the workplace is our primary care, team spirit is fostered and integrity is at the core of our business. With operations throughout Europe and Canada we provide many opportunities for your professional growth!
We are currently hiring a Certified Tire Technician for our Winnipeg Shop located on 65 Bergen Cutoff Road, Winnipeg, MB. As a Tire Technician you will be responsible for installing and repairing tires in the trailer shop.
YOUR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE:
- Install, rotate, and repair heavy duty trailer tires as directed by assigned work order
- Ensure all tires are inspected for correct inflation, wear patterns, tread depth and damage according to the inspection form
- Reset and repair tire pressure monitoring systems
- Maintain tire service equipment on a regularly scheduled basis
- Clean and maintain work area
- Comply with the Company’s Health and Safety program including working in a safe and responsible manner
YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Wheel Installer Certification or Tire Certification
- Completion of or working towards Trade certification
- 2+ year of tire-related experience
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 100lbs, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs, occasionally lift and or move up to 150 lbs.
- Working knowledge of semi-trailer tires
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and able to recognize opportunities for improvement
- Reliable, motivated, attention to detail
- Ability to stand, walk, kneel, sit, bend down and reach up and talk or hear as required and have the ability to use hands to feel, handle or reach
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Ability to work outside (year-round)
- May be exposed to noise, vibration, grease, oil, gasoline, exhaust fumes and odours
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Above average pay package to above average employees
- Tool & Boot allowance and prescription safety glasses program
- Excellent pension plan
- Benefits package that includes an employee & family assistance plan, & a healthcare spending account.
- Internal and external training and growth opportunities
At TIP Canada we recognize that it is our people who make the difference and are the key to our growth and ongoing success. If you want to join a growing Company and enjoy working with great people – then come grow with us!
TIP Canada is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates with disabilities. Please inform us if you require accommodation during the selection process and we will work with you to meet your needs.
TIP is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals.
Hiring is subject to a satisfactory reference check.
Please click on “Apply” to upload and submit your personal details and CV.